Ready for some meal planning? Planning healthy meals ahead makes health decision making even easier. Make these healthy and tasty turkey kale meatballs ahead of time and freeze them then use them in sandwiches or with fresh pasta or over some sautéed zucchini. Here’s our recipe for Turkey Kale Meatballs Parmesan…
Calories: 410 per serving
2 tsp. olive oil
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
6 oz. bag of fresh spinach
2 servings Turkey-Kale Meatballs (10 meatballs with sauce), warmed (recipe below)
1 ounce (1/4 cup) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 to 60 seconds.
3. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
4. Divide the spinach evenly between two plates. Top each portion with 5 meatballs (and sauce) and 2 Tbsp. cheese.
5. Microwave until the cheese is melted, about 30 seconds.
1 egg (cage-free)
1 package (16 to 20 oz.) ground turkey breast
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped kale leaves (ribs removed)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or other herbs)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 (24 oz) jar (or 2.5 cups) marinara sauce (preferably a lower-sodium brand)
1. In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg.
2. Add the turkey, ricotta, garlic, bread crumbs, kale, basil, salt and pepper to the bowl.
3. Form the turkey mixture into approximately 20 small meatballs.
4. Coat a large nonstick frying pan liberally with oil spray and heat over medium-high heat.
5. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, turning frequently.
6. In a medium pot, bring the marinara sauce to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add the meatballs and simmer until the meatballs are fully cooked at the center, about 15 minutes.